I received a phone call from the school today to let me know that Justin had gotten hurt while at recess. She said he had a pretty good sized goose egg on his head and wanted to know if I felt like I needed to come look at it. I asked if I could just talk to Justin for a minute, which was probably not the best idea, because he started crying all over again once I started talking to him. He said the ice was helping, but said it would feel better if I just picked him up early from school. Lucky for him it was almost time for school to get out so I didn't have a problem with him missing 30 minutes of kindergarten. He had the saddest eyes when I showed up at the school and then the tears started all over again. Poor guy, it is still huge tonight. Dad made sure to give him a lecture on 'being tough on the play ground', so the other kids don't think his a wimp, but I'm pretty sure I hear about it for weeks everytime he hurts/pulls a muscle so i'm not sure whose the wimp.... I'm sorry you got hurt today buddy!
Day 4- Bonus Parks!
3 days ago


3 comments:
When Jacob got hurt a couple weeks ago on the playground he told me he crawled into a corner under the slide to cry because he didn't want the other kids to tease him and he was hurting BAD! I think in Kindergarten everyone is still so young and kind Justin can get away with crying a bit on the playground, cant he?! they have to grow up so fast. When Mason comes to school there is another boy who when he sees him will yell "Hi mason my friend!" and give him a big hug. I know that will have to end soon enough too. Boys have to stop showing emotion to be tough. dang it!
oops.. that' wasn't Carly, that was Jamie commenting up there. I didn't notice her "identity:" was up.
I love that his dad gave him a little talk on being tough. What would you do without your 'little lady' in the family to soften things up a bit?!
Post a Comment