Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Outcome of National Chocolate Day

Ok as you all are well aware yesterday was National Chocolate Day, but even though this should be a "Family Holiday" I chose to spend the evening with the Young Women, playing a game called the "Walmart Game" for mutual. This game is played by splitting into groups and each group picking out 10 items to put in the cart within 15 mins. Then the carts are swapped and the opposite team has to put everything back where it goes. The team that empties their cart first wins.... Anyways, after we finished playing this game we decided it would be nice of us to let everyone else that we ran into know that is was "National Chocolate Day". However, the girls (12-13 year olds) were big chickens and didn't dare tell anyone so me being their fearless leader felt the need to be a good samaritan to let these people know. Once I started they also started to get the hang of it. We did get some crazy looks and comments, but the best thing about the evening was after we left Walmart we took them to Maceys to get ice cream cones and the girl working was so excited about learning the it was National Chocolate Day she gave us all chocolate ice cream cones for FREE!!! Wooo Hoo! How awesome is that..... We did have one girl that didn't like chocolate ice cream so we had to pay $ .50 for hers, but all in all it worked out great for us.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome... I'm glad you enjoyed the day as much as I did..haha...can you say SUGAR HIGH?

Anonymous said...

you are silly

Unknown said...

You've been boo'd!!! Go to my page and see what I am talking about...

Martin Family said...

That's funny! I like chocolate, but I don't like chocolate ice cream.. Darn, I would've had to pay 50 cents... Glad you had a good "holiday"!

Julie said...

Hey I did not know there was a national chocolate day. That's cool! I think every day should be a chocolate day.