
I can't believe how fast this last year has went. I swear it was just yesterday that our little Allie joined our crazy family! But we have trained her well, she is now just as crazy as we are. Her birthday was actually on Saturday the 16th, but it was a crazy day for me. I spent most of the morning and afternoon getting our garden in and then all evening helping the Young Women with the fundraiser dinner for girls camp.
We invited all my family over to celebrate Allie's 1st and Kylee's 4th birthday with us Sunday afternoon, with a BBQ. I spent most of the time after church decorating the cake, which shouldn't have been as difficult as it ended up being. Actually decorating the cake was easy-peasy, however I put Derrick in charge of constructing the slide. Let's just say there was definitely an easier way! We used Laffy Taffy ropes and melted them together, then we had to form it while it was s
till warm, but then we had to freeze it into place, but then once it was thawed it would start to sag again. We just ended up keeping the whole cake in the freezer until it was tim

e so the slide wouldn't collapse. It did turn out really cute though. Allie had fun following all the other kids around, but I did notice once again that she was Kortney's little shadow for most of it. There was even a time or two when Kortney and I were in the same room and Allie would go crying to Kortney instead of me. She sure loves you Kort!

She had her 1 year check up today. The doctor just couldn't get over how busy she is. She kept opening the drawers and cupboards, just to slam them closed. She kept taking the books out of the rack just to throw them on the floor. She is such a little monkey business. He did inform me of the double ear infections she had, which explains a lot about where my happy baby has went. She weighed 18 lbs 8 oz and I can't remember the height, but I do remember she is in the 15% on both and 50% on head circumference. This is a little bit of a change from my boys, who are always in the 75% on weight and height and 95-97% on head circumference. I guess that's the difference between boys and girl.
He asked me if she was talking yet, so when I told him that she says "Momma, Dada, bobba", he said that was great, but when I continued to list, "thank you, who's that, what's that", he was very surprised. I guess I hadn't really thought much of it since she has been saying them for at awhile now. She is such a little smarty pants, the problem is that she knows it!
So all-in-all her appointment went well. She didn't love the 4 shots she had to get, nor did I, but she has been surprisingly happy tonight considering. It might have something to do with the Tylenol.
4 comments:
What a cute idea for a cake! It looks adorable! Great job! I think the third child must always come with an automatic mischief button. My third always loved getting into everything too! It looks like you all had a wonderful day! I hope she had a fantastic birthday!
Happy birthday little miss. She is so cute and it is crazy that she is all ready one! I love the cake!! What a clever idea and kudos to Derrick for even trying to help. Hope her special day was tons of fun!
I love the cake!
Is time going by faster than it use too, I remember being bored when it was just Dacia and me home all day...now with three there is never any down time.
Brylee is a trouble maker too, maybe that's why her and Allie butted heads yesterday! Too much alike!
Hello where was I... lol I can't believe how old she is getting.
Post a Comment