Monday, May 11, 2009

"I often go walking"

Derrick surprised me with this hanging basket of big beautiful flowers I had been eyeing for the past few weeks, for Mothers Day (even though I got them on Saturday). I was super excited, because it's bright colors just really add to the appearance of the yard. Not only was it the flowers that added to the yard, but also the 2 big trees he bought me to go in our park strip. It feels nice to finally get some extra structure to our yard. Derrick works so hard on it each year, making it look nice for the summer. There are still alot of things we want to do to it, but little by little, with ALOT of hard work, we're getting there. Thanks Derrick, I LOVE YOU!
As if buying me flowers, planting my trees and preparing my garden and flower beds for me wasn't enough, he made me breakfast, mopped my floor, and gave the kids a lecture that it was a special day so they needed to be extra good for mom. Justin was pretty excited to give me all the beautiful things he made for me at school. I wore the safety pin with the beads and pendant that says 'mom' on it proudly to church, where I was privileged to listen to my two little guys sing "I often go walking" with the rest of the primary kids. While at church the Young Men had arrange for all the ladies to attend Relief Society, which was really nice considering I haven't been able to attend for almost 3 years now. Once in RS, the RS Pres. had bagels, grapes and Orange Juice for us along with a candy bar and a poem about mothers. It was really a thoughtful gesture. After church we headed to Heber to visit Derricks family. We had a great time being able to sit outside where we were able to enjoy the weather, BBQ-ing and being with family all at the same time. It was truly the BEST Mothers Day's! I feel it a honor and a privilege to have been in trusted with 3 of our Heavenly Fathers children. I know that there is no greater calling on earth, then to rear these children in righteousness and I pray that through the strength of my savior I can succeed in doing so. I love being a mother and am so grateful that I have been blessed with a wonderful husband to help me fulfill this calling! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments: