Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"One year older and wiser too..."

"'Happy Birthday (clap) to ME!" I didn't have a whole lot planned for the day besides the basic day to day things with a few add-ins.
7:00 - 8:00 - Feed Allie and get her back to sleep for another couple of hours
8:00-10:45 am - Get ready for the day (shower, breakfast, Justin's homework and reading time, make sure the house is a somewhat clean, )
11:00 - 12:00 - Picnic Lunch at Kristal's House (add-in)
12:05 - 12:15 - Take kids to school
12:30 - 3:00 - Scrapbook with Kristen at my house (originally planned for 11:00, but changes so I could do the picnic) (add-in - rarely gets done)
3:10 - 3:25 - Pick up kids from school
3:30 - 5:00 - Decide whats for dinner, make and eat it
5:45 - 7:15 - T-Ball Game
7:00 - 8:45 - Young Women's
8:30 - 9:00 - Bed time routine - Scriptures and Prayers - hugs and kisses
9:00 - 11:00 - Derrick plays B-ball at the church, while I straighten up the house again and sit down to read.
This is what my day ended up being like instead:
7:00 - Feed Allie back to sleep in my bed
7:30 - Justin comes into my room and said "mom, I know today is a special day,because it's your birthday".
7:30 - Derrick leaves for work and says "Happy Birthday, have a good day"! (kiss, kiss) (gross)
7:45 - Get 2 txt messages from friends saying "Happy Birthday", one of which was sent 11:45 the night before...
7:45 - 10:30 Get ready for the day also received a few more txt messages from family saying "Happy Birthday"
11:00 - 1:00 - Went to Kristal's for picnic. It wasn't a picnic! It was a surprise lunch with ALOT of my really good friends and My sister, whom I was suppose to be meeting back at my house at 12:30. Thanks Kristal, Lora, Anna, Chambrea, Cheryl, Kristy, Erin and Kristen. I couldn't ask for better friends. It really means alot to me that you would take time out of your busy schedules to make my birthday a special one.
12:00 - 12:15 - Kristal took kids to school for me - Thanks again!
12:30 - 12:35 - Phone call from dad wishing me a happy birthday.
1:00-3:00 - Scrapbook with Kristen, except I didn't do anything because I tend to just talk especially since Mom, Lindsay and Vanessa stopped by with there kids. I don't stop talking long enough to accomplish anything else.
1:30 - 2:00 - Mom went to get me a strawberry slushy from Sonic, but discovered they went out of business on Sunday. How sad is that? It's a good thing I had just had one on Saturday!
3:05 - 3:25 - Me and Lindsay went to pick up kids from school and received a few more txt's.
4:00 - Derrick called to say "don't worry about making dinner, I have it taken care of". (YEAH)
5:35 -Derrick gets home from work with "Chili's To Go" - Chicken tenders and Chips and salsa (my favorite salsa in the world).
5:40 - Call from Derricks mom wishing me a happy birthday. While on the phone with her I also received the LONGEST voicemail message of my life. It was touching, hilarious, random, long winded and many more things all at the same time. I was laughing so hard I cried (true story), about 5 minutes into it I put it on speaker phone so Derrick could enjoy it along with me. Thanks Brett!
5:45 - 7:15 - Justin's T-Ball Game (Eat while I'm watching) and received even more txt msgs
7:30 - Decided not to go to Young Women's tonight, since the other leaders had everything taken care of.
8:00 - 9:00 - Took the kids to Cold Stone, where I enjoyed the Signature Strawberry Blonde (YUMMY).
9:00-9:30 - Bedtime Routine with an add-in of Derrick and the boys singing Happy Birthday to me. (Have I mentioned I have the best family in the world)
10:00 - 11:00 Watched "the Unit" with Derrick
11:00 - Off to bed after quickly reading 2 Ne. 10, since I have to finish the BOM by the end of July for Girls Camp...
WOW WHAT A DAY!
Oh, Derrick also gave me a smoothie maker, which I haven't actually received yet, but it's on it's way! I am so excited! Things haven't been the same around her since my last smoothie maker broke. I don't think it liked the abuse of making me strawberry or orange smoothies everyday. Oops!

ThAnKs FrIeNdS aNd FaMiLy, YoU'rE tHe BeSt!

5 comments:

Martins said...

Hey... Why wasn't I invited to your lunch!!!??? Well, I didn't realize it was even your birthday so I guess I didn't really deserve to be there!! :( Happy birthday.. let's get together soon... I think I saw you more BEFORE you moved to Tooele!!!

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday Angela! It looks like you really had a full day! I hope you enjoy your new smoothie maker when it comes! Fun and Yummy!

Austin said...

Oh man, I am terrible...I never remember bdays. I am glad you had a good day. We still need to get together...I am open...any day but Tues and Wed.
Oh, and I have some really yummy smoothie mix you should try.

Karen Brothersen said...

WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad to see you had a good day! I love the sonic slushies too! My fave. is watermelon!
I miss you.

Becky said...

Angela! Sounds like you had a really great birthday! You deserve it. Happy belated birthday!