Last night Justin woke up in the night calling for me to come into his room. Sleepwalking, I carried myself into to see what he needed. When I got in there he said "mom, I keep hearing someone whisper my name in my ear." I told him to try to go back to sleep and I turned on his primary CD to help. As I returned back to bed I couldn't help up think about the story of Samuel in the Old Testament. So tonight after we were finished with scripture study and family prayer I started taking to him about what had happened last night. I pulled out the Old Testament and read him the story of Young Samuel. After I was done reading it he said, "mom, I think it was Heavenly Father and Jesus whispering my name." I said, "well Justin, if you feel like that's who it was then next time you need to just start saying pray and tell them you are listening and ask them what need to do." "Well um, um, I don't really want to be alone if that happens". "Justin, if it Heavenly Father or Jesus or any of his angels ever talking to you, you won't ever be afraid, because you will know and feel how much they love you." "Oh, okay."
I love how teachable kids are. When I am so unsure of myself, they trust every word I say. I hope they always strive to keep the spirit with them and learn to recognize how it speaks to them.
Day 4- Bonus Parks!
3 days ago


3 comments:
What a good momma you are! That was very sweet!
That is amazing! Your kids are so in tune and it's for sure because they have GREAT parents!!!
That is a really cool story. I love those teachable moments too. See you are a missionary now.
Post a Comment