Monday, March 16, 2009

Testimony Pizza

We had a 'Pizza Building', 'Taffy Pullin', 'Tummy Tickling ', Family Home Evening tonight. Over the weekend the boyz were begging to make homemade pizza (which we have NEVER done before). So we finally decided to do it for FHE. We went to the store as a family and bought all the supplies. We then came home and got to work. As we were rolling out the dough, we likened it to our testimonies. The dough is the base of our testimony, but you have to keep adding to it. We add to it by sharing it (the sauce), reading our scriptures (cheese), saying our prayers (pepperoni), etc... But like pizza our testimonies can go bad if we don't keep building them, if we just let them sit out and not work at them. Then we would have to start all over. And if you can imagine, Logan says "and that would be so sad, sad, sad, huh mom." It's actually more like "and dat wowed be sow sad, sad, sad, huh mom." They really enjoyed this activity. But it didn't stop there.
I am actually suppose to be showing the young women how to pull taffy next Tuesday for mutual, but the truth is I am actually to chicken to pull it. We make taffy quite a bit growing up, but my mom would always pull it while it was hot and then would hand it over to us kids to take a turn once it was cooled down. That still hasn't changed. None of us have ever made it in our own homes, it's just a special little treat that grandma does. Anyways, I told Derrick we had to give it a shot or else my mom was going to have to come with me to mutual AGAIN to show them, yet another one of her MANY talents! So, we did make it, but once again I was too big of a chicken to touch it until it wasn't quite so hot, but Derrick, being the good sport that he is, (I LOVE YOU, HUNNY) took one for the team and 'pulled' his little heart out. However, after counting his blisters, he has informed me he won't be doing that again. So sorry mom don't make any plans for Tuesday night, I NEED YOU!
Derrick then did what he does best, get the kids all hyped up before bedtime. The boys love when dad wrestles with them and Allie is definitely wanting in on all the fun, it just so happens this usually takes place when I am trying to get them settled for bed. But, every time they do this I just sit back and smile and hope they remember these moments like I always will!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Homemade pizza, what a good idea! I love what you did with the whole testimony twist. However, I won't be trying the taffy pulling either. I use my hands way too much to be counting blisters.

Mrs. Wright said...

What a cute idea! Ang, . . .you are so crafty and talented just like your mom! The wrestling with dad picture made my heart melt. Don't ya just love moments like that?! I miss you.

Nicole Michaelis said...

That is such a cute idea. I think I am going to have to borrow it and do it for my boys. How are things? I feel like we never talk any more.

Nicole Michaelis said...

I would wait a little while for legoland. Justin would have a blast but until the kids are at least 36" they can't ride anything and at 36" you have to ride with them you can't send them with Justin. I think it was 48" to ride by themselves. But Kendrick loved it and it was a really cool to see all the stuff built out of Legos. Honestly I didn't realize how many things were there like rides and stuff until we were leaving this last time... we have been twice now.

Jamie said...

What a great lesson. My kids would never eat home made pizza when they were younger but now enough of them love it and we have started making it again.

I would call mom on the taffy too. It just doesn't seem worth the blisters....