Since I pretty much use my blog as my journal, I need to write about our FHE last night before I forget. Justin had been assigned the lesson for the first time. I had been reminding him and asking him what he wanted to talk about all week. The only response I would get was " hummm, I'll have to think about it". I finally told him "Justin, Monday is going to be here tomorrow. You need to stop saying you'll think about it and actually 'think about it'". "Well I guess I will teach you about Adam and Eve then". " Ok, what do you want to teach us about them?" "Hummm, I'll have to think about it."
So, Monday night comes and we actually had to go out to Stansbury, to Kristens house, so Derrick could help her with some work. I figured we would just save his lesson for next week. Well, as we left at 10:00 pm, way past their bed time, he reminded me he needed to give his lesson. I told him we would do it next week. He began to cry, "but I didn't get to teach". At that point I could tell that this really was something he was looking forward to, so I told him he could give a quick lesson when we got home. Since it was snowing he insisted to plan the activity to shovel the snow to surprise dad before got home, but after much argument that it was to late and the snowing was coming down to hard, he settled for just the lesson. So once the pj's were on this was the conversation /lesson:
Me: Okay, Justin it's time to give your lesson.
Justin: Okay! So, Where did Adam and Eve live?
M: In the Garden of Eden.
J: Good Job! What did Heavenly Father tell them not to eat the fruit of?
M: The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
J: Good Job! Did they obey?
M: No, and that made Heavenly Father sad.
Logan: Heavenly Fathere was so, so, so sad, huh!
M: Yep!
J: What happend when they ate it?
M: They had to leave the Garden.
L: That's so sad, huh mom?
M: Yep, cause it was so beautiful!
J: Did they have any children?
M: I don't know Jusin, what do you think?
J: Yep they sure did.
M: Who were some of them?
J: Cain and Abel.
M: What happened to Cain and Abel?
J: Cain killed Abel.
L: Heavenly Father was so, so, so sad, huh mom?
M: That did make Heavenly Father VERY sad. Heavely Father wants us to mind him and love out brothers and sisters.
J: Mom, so kids go to science class, huh?
M: yup, some kids do. Are you done with your lesson now?
J: Yep, but can I go to science class? I wonder who my teach will be? Can you still come help my class on Wednesday's if I'm in science class? Will they give me my own lab?
M: (lol) Justin, you're a goof!
Just as we finished saying our prayers and reading the scriptures, daddy got home to tell the kids goodnight.
J: Dad you missed my lesson, you should have come home earlier!
D: I'm sorry buddy, can you give me the readers digest version?
M: The whole lesson was readers digest version!
J: Where did Adam and Eve live? etc, etc, etc.
Derrick answered just like I did, the only difference this time was Logan kept repeating, with actions, the whole time, "And he went whack, whack (as he punches himself) and then he fell (throws himself across the bed) and Heavenly Father was so, so sad!" Derrick finally caught on that he was talking about Cain and Abel.
Justin did a GREAT job at coming up with these questions all on his own! I am grateful for his desire to want to teach us. These boys are great reminders to me of the things that are most important in life. Even if it is past bedtime, family prayer and scripture study always need to come first. I hope they can gain a testimony of that, even if that testimony starts out as, two little boys prolonging bedtime!
Day 4- Bonus Parks!
3 days ago


5 comments:
That is really cute! I can just see Logan acting out the Cain and Abel story.
That is sweet... FHE is not one of our strengths yet.. We'll just have to keep at it. You inspire me!!!
Your boys sound so cute! I love all the comments that come out of the mouths of these precious children! I wish I was as good about writing it all down like you. I try but it always seems to leave my brain before I get to the computer. Anyways, you have such a cute family! It sounds like you're doing a great job!
Hey Angela! That was cute about FHE with Justin as the teacher. Morgan just gave her first lesson last week as well! How funny. Ours was on being thankful. She made up a story about Tinkerbell wanted a dog and her parents wouldn't get her one. I had to laugh because we've had this story happen many times with a few name changes! LOL Just so you're aware, I haven't joined the ranks of bloggers yet. Everyone keeps telling me I need to, but I'm resisting for now. :) Good to hear from you every now and then in comment form :) Are you going to scrapbook?
great lesson for a little guy. love logan's comments, so so so so sweet. You're doing good things with that cute little family of yours. It's fun to read about.
Post a Comment