Derrick decided to have Justin try wrestling this year. He started going to the practice in November and had his first tornament in Spanish Fork on Dec 12th. He wasn't to thrilled about the whole wrestling thing, but he was super excited because his best friend Titus was coming to watch him wrestle and then we were going to spend the day at there house while be were down that direction.
His next tournament was at Brighton High School. It started out being quite an ordeal because they didn't get the email the coach had sent days before letting them know who was coming. So they didn't know any of the people from Tooele would be there. We spent most of the morning waiting for them to arrange brackets for our kids to wrestle in. Justin spent his time sleeping so when it was finally time for him to wrestle (3 hours later) he was ownry, to make matters worse the first kid he had to wrestle was bigger then him and way more experienced. Plus he hurt his finger during the match. I felt so bad standing on the side lines watching him cry and not being able to do anything for him. I was so proud at how hard he kept trying through it all. He didn't just roll over and let himself get pinned, he kept trying.
On his 2nd match he started to cry before he even got on the mat because he was affraid he was going to get hurt again. After a little pep talk I finally talked him into giving it another try, which he did and he wrestled his heart out. He did so good, but still ended up getting pinned. But he TRIED and thats all we wanted.
He wrestled last Saturday up in Heber, which he was excited about because Grandma & Grandpa H. would be there to watch him and we would be spending the weekend at their house.
And once again even though he lost all 3 matches the medal made it worth it.
Unfortunatly, I forgot my camera at this one and I forgot to get the pictures from grandma before we left. So those will have to come later.
He is suppose to have 2 more tournaments and then the big brawl, but we decided we put him through enough for one season and would throw in the towel a little early. Expecially since we've kind of got alot going on anyways. We need our saturdays.
Logan is pretty excited that he gets to start in the fall so hopefully we can get Justin a little more motivated by then. Logan was his brothers #1 fan. He would yell from the stands "try to stand up Justin", "get off your back", "good job justin" or even "do some push-ups while you're waiting" (I think he saw another kid doing them). What a good little coach. He was also the first one there to give him a high five and tell him good job when he came back to sit down.
I hope Justin see's how much his little brother loves and admires him. I hope he always understands the importance of being a good influence on him.


5 comments:
I love it! He is so cute in his little wrestling gear. Ang our little boys aren't little boys anymore. :(
Are you really due in a month?
What a trooper!! :) I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Just to let you know I finally started a blog! Wha-hoo! Now maybe you can stay caught up with us. :) jahughesnews.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!
Good Job Mom! The things we do for our kids.
What a cute wrestler. He doesn't have to win the match to win my heart. Insert cheesy sigh! Hope things are great. Miss you!
Ok,....so I talked with my mom yesterday and she said that you had a baby girl?!?! CONGRATS! Where have I been? I didn't even know you were pregnant. What did you name her? Are you feeling ok? If you get a minute will you send me your # so the next time I'm in T, I can come and visit you?
Post a Comment