Saturday, December 26, 2009

Here comes Santa Clause...

And we can hardly wait. I bought these flashing noses last year at the dollar store and the kids loved them.
They weren't much help getting the tree put up once they found them.. :)


Kristen gave the boys these Lego advent calendars last year, which they
were super excited about getting out and starting them all over again.
Justin wrote all the letters to Santa by himself.
Thanks for helping your brother and sister, Buddy.

Every year dad reads 'Twas the night before Christmas'
to the kids just before putting them to bed on Christmas Eve.
They were pretty excited about the Transform pj's,
well the boys were anyways, Allie was very excited about her new
princess jammies. I didn't realize she even knew who about the princess' yet.

As for pictures from Christmas morning and day, I don't have any. How sad is that? :( But I do have the whole thing on video. I was wrapped up in watching the kids and see how excited they were I didn't want to shut off the video footage to take still shots. I need another camera, is what I really need, but thats a whole other topic.

Anyways, Justin was super excited to get 2 of the 3 things off his list to santa, Bakugans (more specific - Maxis Dragonoid ), and the new Lego Indiana Jones 2 The adventure continues game for the Wii. He also received books, clothes, candy, a Ben 10 sticker book and plenty more.

Logan was fun to watch as he opened up his new RC Race Car, a Ben 10 game for the wii, clothes, a bumble bee transformer.

Then there was Allie, she was very entertaining this year. She gasped at every present she opened with amazement. 5 pairs of Princess Shoes, clothes, a new baby, 2 My little stuffed animals that talk and choo, necklaces, lip gloss, purses. She loved it all.

Derrick was lucky enough to get more drill bits to help him complete the task of finishing the last unfinished room in the house. Lucky him! Just what he was wanting i'm sure. But don't forget the socks, he did get new sock and a BYU hat from the kids. Santa must know what he likes though, because he did leave all shorts of goodies in his stocking.

This year I received Photoshop Elements, so I can start the attemp to scrapbook digitally now. I also received Wii Fit Plus, which I have been wanting. Along with a stocking full treats all for me!

I love Christmas and the special feeling that is brings. I love reflecting on the birth of the Savior and the life that he lived. I am so grateful for his humble birth and his atoning sacrifice. I don't need the presents or the goodies, but they sure mean alot more when I think about the gifts givin to the Savior, but more importantly the gifts givin to me from my Savior. I have a wonderful family and an amazing husband I get to share this life and all eternity with. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I get to feel of his spirit when I need him and have it near to me at all times. I have been blessed with the most important presents in the world and thats all I need!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Chambrae said...

Love the family pictures!!! I have to laugh though about the socks! What is it about men and socks, my Dad always wanted socks for christmas and so does Chad, strange phenomenon!!

kory and tina family said...

I love the noses! Your kids are getting so big.